Is your dog barking and lunging at other dogs on your walks?
Are you frustrated? fed up? Embarrassed?
Are you walking in the early morning or late at night to avoid others?
You’ve become *that person*. The dog and human that other dog walkers avoid. And the ones that don’t avoid you are just a pain because they let their dogs get too close. Every. Damn. Day.
Your dog is bloody amazing at home with the people they love. It’s only when they catch sight (or sound) of another dog that they have a personality transplant.
You wish that other people could see your dog the way you do. It’s embarrassing and scary when they are barking and lunging on the lead at every dog they see. It all feels out of control and you’re anxious about what might happen if they get close to another dog.
You’re worried that your dog’s behaviour might be all your fault, or maybe you’ve been told that it is. That you’re not *alpha* enough or a good enough leader for your dog. You think things are getting worse, and you know you have to do something. It would be great if there really was a magic wand, but you know that’s unrealistic. You’re prepared to put in the training but you just don’t know what to do.
You’ve spent hours scouring the internet for information but all you’ve discovered is that everyone has an opinion and they are all different. You don’t like the thought of having to punish your dog or squash their spirit but it’s not like your dog takes treats when they are busy shouting at everything either. And you wonder what difference treats would do in this situation anyway.
You dream of being able to walk with your dog and enjoy the outdoors together. With your dog calmly by your side, they head off to investigate some interesting sniffs before checking back in with you.
Your greatest fantasy is that you will one day be able to walk where there are other dogs and your dog will stay with you, unfazed by the others around you. Where you are confident, relaxed and proud of how your dog behaves.
You want to have a plan to follow. So you know what you need to do and when. And you want someone who will walk you through it, so you’re not alone. Someone who will love your dog almost as much as you do.
Even when they’re being a twonk.
Calm About Canines is perfect for you if….
- You dream of being able to enjoy the outdoors with your dog without worrying about other dogs
- You realise there are no quick fixes and that behaviour change (for both you and your dog) takes time.
- You want support and understanding, both from an expert and other people with similar problems to you.
- You want to build a positive relationship with your dog while addressing the problems you have.
- You like to have a plan broken down into smaller steps and track your progress as you go
How a coaching package works
1. Book a call
Book a free discovery call and we can discuss what is going on and what package is the right one for you.
After the call I'll send you all you need to book right away.
If we aren't a good fit, I can give you information on who may be able to help you better.
2. Support from the start
We'll start with an online consult so I can work out what's going on and share my expert advice.
I'll set out a clear plan of action and coach you through the first steps.
3. Your Individual Plan
You don't need to worry about remembering everything. I'll send you material immediately after the first session.
I'll then follow up with a pack of step by step instructions to move you on, video examples and other resources so you know exactly what to do and when.
4. Ongoing Support
Now you know what to do you can start to put the plan into action. You'll have easy access to my support along with feedback on training videos you send me. I'll be able to guide you through any problems to get you back on track.
You'll have follow up sessions, either online, or if you're local you can opt for in-person at our outdoor venue.
5. Build a great relationship
Dogs are a joy, but can also be hard work. It can be a struggle to see how far you've come when working through a behaviour problem. That's why I include a reflection practise in my packages.
You'll be able to build a great relationship with your dog and look forward to a bright future. All while celebrating just how far you've traveled together.
Are you ready to get started?
You can schedule your initial consultation upon booking your package.
Current wait times to start are between 2-4 weeks.
Where necessary, you'll receive immediate advice and actions to take to minimise risk and prevent the problem from worsening before the package starts.
“Needed someone to understand Roger and help us support him.
We’ve received so much bad advice about Roger from others………..and it was absolutely all nonsense of course. He just needed someone to understand him and help us support him where he needs it.
Thank you so much for being that person for us. There are so many spot-on bits of advice that you’ve given me that I never forget. I think that consistency is what has helped the most.”
Alicia (with Roger)
I can help you
go from a dog who barks, growls or lunges at other dogs on your walks, to one who walks calmly by your side and turns to you when they see another dog.
My Calm About Canines programme is a tried and tested formula that is still flexible enough to be bespoke for you and your dog so you can both enjoy your walks together in peace.
Veterinary referral is required prior to working with you.
You may be able to claim back some or all of the cost of my support through your pet insurance, due to my qualifications and accreditations. You should check with your insurer whether you are covered and for what amount.
- 8-12 (standard) or 12 (intensive) weeks of support and coaching from an expert who’s been where you are.
- 4 (standard) or 12 (intensive) knowledge sessions so that you and your dog can learn the skills you need with real-time expert coaching.
- Structured, yet flexible programme with a personalised plan that will help you stay on track and achieve your goals.
- Written training plans with audio and video support so you have easy reminders of what to do and can easily share everything you’re working on with any other members of the family who might not be able to make it to the sessions.
- Video feedback on your training throughout the package.
- No more inconsistency, frustration or anxiety about how your dog will behave. You’ll have clear strategies to improve your dog’s behaviour around other dogs.
- Access to a private community group (just for Tails We Win clients) where you’ll have access to office hours and can share tips and successes on the forums.
- A training pack with the items I recommend and use myself to get you started on the right foot.
4 sessions in 8-12 weeks
Best for: dogs who have 1 or 2 issues to work through where the main issue is reactivity or aggression towards other dogs.
For a deeper understanding of how you can help your dog so your training is slick, efficient and full of fun rather than a battle.
Recommended frequency of a coaching session every 2 weeks.
12 sessions in 12-16 weeks
Best for: dogs who have several issues to work through but where the main issue is reactivity or aggression towards other dogs.
A true deep dive into learning about your dog’s behaviour. What motivates them to do what they do and how you can help support them for successful change.
Recommended frequency of 2 sessions a week to start, decreasing to 1 a week, then 1 every 2 weeks as the package progresses.
Let’s discuss what’s going on and what will work best for you.