Are you worried about your dog growling at you when you go to stroke them?
Do you have to tip toe past them on the sofa?
Are all chews and toys banished because they guard them?
Your dog is lovely the majority of the time and loves cuddles and fussing……until they don’t. You feel like you’re walking on eggshells some days, they just have this *look* sometimes and you know they are going to snap, or worse.
You feel like you shouldn’t let them get away with it, but you also don’t want it to escalate. And it’s been escalating. It feels unpredictable at times. You’ve read that it’s maybe because they are scared. But you don’t know why they would be scared of you, you’ve never done anything to hurt them. So why are they growling and snarling at you when you walk past them? Or dry their paws? And if they’re scared, why do they ask for a fuss and then snap at you?
Perhaps there seems to be an increasing list of things they guard. Food, chews, toys, stolen items….Sometimes it seems like they steal things just to guard them from you. And now it happens when they don’t have anything and have just been lying on the sofa.
You know it can’t go on. You’re worried about what might happen around the children, visitors, anyone really. But you also don’t know how to fix it, because nothing you’ve done seems to have made a difference.
You’ve spent many evenings searching the internet for information but you’re more confused than ever. All the different opinions seem to contradict each other. You don’t like the thought of having to punish your dog or temper their personality, but when they growl and snap at you, it’s hard not to feel hurt. And you need to make them understand they can’t do that.
You dream of being able to relax in your own home, enjoying cuddles on the sofa together. Your version of Netflix and chill.
Your greatest fantasy is that you will one day be able to walk past your dog when they have something without them growling or snapping at you. To be able to ask them to give back what they’ve stolen without it being a fight. Or clean them after a muddy walk without a struggle. Where you are confident, relaxed and proud of how your dog behaves.
You want to have a plan to follow. So you know what you need to do and when. And you want someone who will walk you through it, so that you’re not alone. Someone who will see the best in your dog and love them.
Even when they’re being scary.
Rocky Relationship to Harmonious Home is perfect for you if….
- You dream of being able to relax and enjoy time with your dog at home, without being on guard constantly.
- You realise there are no quick fixes and that behaviour change (for both you and your dog) takes time.
- You want support and understanding, both from an expert and other people with similar problems to you.
- You want to build a positive relationship with your dog while addressing the problems you have.
- You like to have a plan broken down into smaller steps and track your progress as you go.
How a coaching package works
1. Book a call
Book a free discovery call and we can discuss what is going on and what package is the right one for you.
After the call I'll send you all you need to book right away.
If we aren't a good fit, I can give you information on who may be able to help you better.
2. Support from the start
We'll start with an online consult so I can work out what's going on and share my expert advice.
I'll set out a clear plan of action and coach you through the first steps.
3. Your Individual Plan
You don't need to worry about remembering everything. I'll send you material immediately after the first session.
I'll then follow up with a pack of step by step instructions to move you on, video examples and other resources so you know exactly what to do and when.
4. Ongoing Support
Now you know what to do you can start to put the plan into action. You'll have easy access to my support along with feedback on training videos you send me. I'll be able to guide you through any problems to get you back on track.
You'll have follow up sessions, either online, or if you're local you can opt for in-person at our outdoor venue.
5. Build a great relationship
Dogs are a joy, but can also be hard work. It can be a struggle to see how far you've come when working through a behaviour problem. That's why I include a reflection practise in my packages.
You'll be able to build a great relationship with your dog and look forward to a bright future. All while celebrating just how far you've traveled together.
Are you ready to get started?
You can schedule your initial consultation upon booking your package.
Current wait times to start are between 2-4 weeks.
Where necessary, you'll receive immediate advice and actions to take to minimise risk and prevent the problem from worsening before the package starts.
“A dog centred approach
Seeing each dog as an individual with different personality traits and sensitivities rather than one size fits all was something I liked. “
Abbie (with Heidi)
I can help you
go from a dog who growls or snaps at you or others at home, to a peaceful, stress-free household. My Rocky Relationship to Harmonious Home package is a tried and tested formula that is still flexible enough to be bespoke for you and your dog and your life together.
Let me help you change things so that you, your family and your dog can live together in harmony.
Veterinary referral is required prior to working with you.
You may be able to claim back some or all of the cost of my support through your pet insurance, due to my qualifications and accreditations. You should check with your insurer whether you are covered and for what amount.
- 8-12 (standard) or 12-16 (intensive) weeks of support and coaching from an expert who’s been where you are.
- 4 (standard) or 12 (intensive) knowledge sessions so that you and your dog can learn the skills you need with real-time expert coaching.
- Structured, yet flexible programme with a personalised plan that will help you stay on track and achieve your goals.
- Written training plans with audio and video support so you have easy reminders of what to do and can easily share everything you’re working on with any other members of the family who might not be able to make it to the sessions.
- Video feedback on your training throughout the package.
- No more inconsistency, frustration or anxiety about how your dog will behave. You’ll have clear strategies to improve your dog’s behaviour at home.
- Access to a private community group (just for Tails We Win clients) where you’ll have access to office hours and can share tips and successes on the forums.
- A training pack with the items I recommend and use myself to get you started on the right foot.
4 sessions in 8-12 weeks
Best for: dogs who have 1 or 2 issues to work through where the main issue is reactivity or aggression towards human family members.
For a deeper understanding of how you can help your dog so your training is slick, efficient and full of fun rather than a battle.
Recommended frequency of a coaching session every 2 weeks.
12 sessions in 12-16 weeks
Best for: dogs who have several issues to work through but where the main issue is reactivity or aggression towards human family members.
A true deep dive into learning about your dog’s behaviour. What motivates them to do what they do and how you can help support them for successful change.
Recommended frequency of 2 sessions a week to start, decreasing to 1 a week, then 1 every 2 weeks as the package progresses.
Let’s discuss what’s going on and what will work best for you.