Wondering where your perfect puppy went?
confused why they are great one day and a nightmare the next?
Does it all feel too much?
You’re pulling your hair out. Your dog’s energy seems to be sky high, and yours is at rock bottom. You’re exhausted trying to control their behaviour every moment. Every day. They’re unruly, boisterous and over the top.
You’ve tried everything to calm them down. New food, supplements, you’re wondering whether drugs would help. For you or your dog.
It’s just in certain situations they get…..well nuts.
Your dog was great in puppy class. You don’t know what happened. You’ve searched for answers and only found more confusion.
When your dog is calm and in their happy place they are a freaking delight. You wish they could be like that everywhere.
You’re never sure when the hell hound is going to show up. Some days are great, then they are barking like an idiot at a bin bag.
It’s embarrassing. You can’t keep pretending they’re a puppy anymore. You love their zest for life, you just wish it wasn’t quite so zesty. You don’t want them to lose their personality. But you’d just like them to not be quite so much. All. The. Time.
You fantasize about good days being every day.
You could have unmolested visitors. Enjoy a walk where they don’t head off over the horizon. Family trips without needing a disaster plan.
You dream about a dog that can join in with your activities without it being a mission. That chilling out on the sofa binging Netflix could be a thing once again.
You know you’ve got to do something, but you don’t know what. You want to have a plan to follow. To know exactly what you need to do and when. You want someone who will walk you through it, so that you’re not alone. Someone who can see through the chaos and loves your dog as much as you.
Even when you want to throttle them.
Troublesome Teens to Awesome Adults is perfect for you if….
- Your dog is between 6 and 18 months.
- You dream of being able to enjoy having visitors to your home or going out to places with your dog without worrying about what they might do.
- You realise there are no quick fixes and that behaviour change (for both you and your dog) takes time.
- You want support and understanding, both from an expert and other people with similar problems to you.
- You want to build a positive relationship with your dog while addressing the problems you have. Without the need to micromanage every second of their day.
- You like to have a plan broken down into smaller steps and track your progress as you go
How a coaching package works
1. Book a call
Book a free discovery call and we can discuss what is going on and what package is the right one for you.
After the call I'll send you all you need to book right away.
If we aren't a good fit, I can give you information on who may be able to help you better.
2. Support from the start
We'll start with an online consult so I can work out what's going on and share my expert advice.
I'll set out a clear plan of action and coach you through the first steps.
3. Your Individual Plan
You don't need to worry about remembering everything. I'll send you material immediately after the first session.
I'll then follow up with a pack of step by step instructions to move you on, video examples and other resources so you know exactly what to do and when.
4. Ongoing Support
Now you know what to do you can start to put the plan into action. You'll have easy access to my support along with feedback on training videos you send me. I'll be able to guide you through any problems to get you back on track.
You'll have follow up sessions, either online, or if you're local you can opt for in-person at our outdoor venue.
5. Build a great relationship
Dogs are a joy, but can also be hard work. It can be a struggle to see how far you've come when working through a behaviour problem. That's why I include a reflection practise in my packages.
You'll be able to build a great relationship with your dog and look forward to a bright future. All while celebrating just how far you've traveled together.
Are you ready to get started?
You can schedule your initial consultation upon booking your package.
Current wait times to start are between 2-4 weeks.
Where necessary, you'll receive immediate advice and actions to take to minimise risk and prevent the problem from worsening before the package starts.
“At the beginning of the package, we had a dog I was frightened to take outside,
even taking him for a loo trip in the garden was stressful. We were seriously beginning to plan how we would tell the breeder he had to go back.
We can barely believe the transformation. Not just in Archie’s behaviour, but in our relationship with him.
Don’t get me wrong – he isn’t an angel – he’s still an exuberant adolescent, but my husband and I love him to bits, and are so proud of how he’s doing.
We’re recognising the joy and balance that he is bringing to our lives, and are really grateful to have him around.”
Nicola (with Archie)
I can help you
If your dog is somewhere between 6 and 18 months-ish, and is unruly, boisterous and over the top, congratulations! You have a terrible teenager! And you’re in luck. Those chaotic canines are my favourite.
I’ve created the Troublesome Teen to Awesome Adult package just for this. A tried and tested formula that is still flexible enough to be bespoke just for you. A way to help you navigate this difficult period and channel that energy so you can both find the space to breathe and look forward to a well-behaved adult you can be proud to show off.
Veterinary referral is required prior to working with you.
You may be able to claim back some or all of the cost of my support through your pet insurance, due to my qualifications and accreditations. You should check with your insurer whether you are covered and for what amount.
- 8-12 (standard) or 12-16 (intensive) weeks of support and coaching from an expert who’s been where you are.
- 4 (standard) or 12 (intensive) knowledge sessions so that you and your dog can learn the skills you need with real-time expert coaching.
- Structured, yet flexible programme with a personalised plan that will help you stay on track and achieve your goals.
- Written training plans with audio and video support so you have easy reminders of what to do and can easily share everything you’re working on with any other members of the family who might not be able to make it to the sessions.
- Video feedback on your training throughout the package.
- No more inconsistency, frustration or anxiety about how your dog will behave. You’ll have clear strategies to improve your dog’s behaviour whenever, wherever.
- Access to a private community group (just for Tails We Win clients) where you’ll have access to office hours and can share tips and successes on the forums.
- A training pack with the items I recommend and use myself to get you started on the right foot.
4 sessions in 8-12 weeks
Best for: dogs aged 6-18 months who have 1 or 2 issues to work through where the main issue is unruly, boisterous behaviour perhaps with a side of frustration.
For a deeper understanding of how you can help your dog so your training is slick, efficient and full of fun rather than a battle.
Recommended frequency of a coaching session every 2 weeks.
12 sessions in 12-16 weeks
Best for: dogs aged 6-18 months who have several issues to work through but where the main issue is unruly, boisterous behaviour with a side of fear or frustration.
A true deep dive into learning about your dog’s behaviour. What motivates them to do what they do and how you can help support them for successful change.
Recommended frequency of 2 sessions a week to start, decreasing to 1 a week, then 1 every 2 weeks as the package progresses.
Let’s discuss what’s going on and what will work best for you.